Burial Details
Create Post

Thread: Burial Details

Registered User Free Member jfreas's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Burial Details

Have just gone through helping a Buddy bury his Brother. Ray was is a Marine and Don wanted a Marine Honor Guard at the funeral. Well maybe this is common knowledge but not for me. You can't just call your local Reserve Unit or Recruiting Station and get them. The Funeral Director HAS to call HQMC and request this. The number is 866-826-3628. We did manage to get them in time. I hope this may be of some help to others. Semper Fi.

Can a Marine thats a reservist get the Marine Honor Guard upon death?

Registered User Free Member jfreas's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I don't want to sound like a sea-lawyer so I'll leave that one up to the experts. If you need an answer right away then you may want to call a Recruiter

the answer to that is yes you can get a Marine Honor Guard upon death.

does that include years after we do our 6 years in the reserves? What is a good site to read about Marines reserve benefits?

Here are the eligibility requirements for receiving military honors:
    - Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve.
    - Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.
    - Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.
    - Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.

[http://www.militaryfuneralhonors.osd.mil/eligpage.html

For reserve benefits in general, I'm not sure, but the Department of Veterans Affairs might be a good place to start.

If you are in the Reserves and get the chance, I recommend that you serve on Funeral Support or participate in providing honors. After I got off of active duty, I spent a few months on funeral support conducting honors for funerals almost every day. It was one of the honors I am most proud of providing for the Marine Corps.

THE EARL PATCH, WEST TEXAS, Home of the 1st LADY Larua BUSH, Midland, TEXAS
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Hear's the VA BENEFITS

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/va_search.jsp

Hear's the VA website:

http://www.va.gov/

Pls save it and it will help in the future.

Semper Fi
    books

Thread Information